Business Development Manager (TOK177)
Location: Milton Park, Abingdon
Job type: Permanent
Overview of the role
Tokamak Energy now seeks to recruit a Business Development Manager (“BDM”) to lead a number of business and commercial development activities to enable the company deliver on its commercial goals.
Reporting to the Commercial Director the role encompasses market analysis, business planning and report writing, together with structuring and negotiation of new opportunities to develop and deploy our technology, in collaboration with third party partners.
In this role, you will:
- Support the Commercial Director in developing and delivering the overarching business development and commercial strategy
- Negotiate contracts and agreements (including technical collaborations and partnerships, licenses, technology transfer and other strategic agreements) on behalf of the company
- Develop and present high quality business propositions and plans including models of estimated revenues, costs and earnings.
- Ensure all internal approvals and supporting papers are prepared which enable progression of prospective and live opportunities.
- Work with the team to research and identify new business opportunities for our intellectual property – including new markets, growth areas, trends, customers, partnerships, products, and services – or new ways of reaching existing markets
- Work with colleagues to ensure overall delivery of the identified commercial opportunities to meet the requirements of the business
- Work in collaboration with the Commercial Director in relation to broader business and commercial opportunities, which may arise in relation to potential strategic and/or industrial partners.
Hazard-specific / Safety-critical duties
This job includes the following hazards or safety-critical activities which will require successful pre-employment health screening through our occupational health service before the successful candidate will be allowed to start work:
- Driving on Company business
- Working with ionising radiation
- Travel outside of Europe or North America on company business
Requirements and attributes we value:
- A strong, demonstrable track record of building and leading business development including developing senior relationships, influencing, marketing and selling.
- Experienced with the challenge and opportunity of scaling up and developing new supply chains and external manufacturing capability.
- Substantial technical and commercial knowledge and experience, to make optimal decisions regarding IP generation, protection, ownership, and associated contractual agreements, and licenses.
- Highly organised, exhibit an ability to work autonomously with limited supervision and be a strong, pro-active communicator, with the ability to manage and secure the support of multiple internal senior and external stakeholders.
- Evidence of previously successful structuring of business partnerships, JVs and joint development agreements in pre-revenue high tech sectors will be highly preferable.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, ideally with a combination experience of Commerce and Engineering or Science.
- MBA or business qualification would be an advantage.
Benefits available to you:
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Company pension scheme
- Eligible for company share option scheme after 1 years’ service
- Company bonus scheme, discretionary, dependant on performance
- Private medical insurance after 3 months service
- Cycle to work scheme
No terminology in the advert or job description is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.
How to apply
If you are passionate about accelerating the development of fusion power and want to join our dynamic team, please send your CV with a covering letter detailing your experience to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important information for candidates
Please note that the appointment of the successful candidate will be subject to standard pre-employment screening, as applicable to the post. This will include right-to-work, proof of identity and references.
Please note that any personal data submitted to Tokamak Energy as part of the job application process will be processed in accordance with the GDPR and related UK data protection legislation, for more information regarding GDPR please see: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation
Equality of opportunity
Entry into employment with the Tokamak Energy and progression within employment will be determined only by personal merit and the application of criteria which are related to the duties of each post and the relevant salary structure. In all cases, ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration. No applicant or member of staff shall be discriminated against because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.