Communications Assistant (TOK114)
Location: Milton Park, Abingdon
Job type: Permanent
Overview of the role
We are looking for a proactive, creative Communications Assistant who is seeking a new and exciting challenge and to build a career in communications. They will assist with all aspects of the Company’s communications and have responsibility for social media and website updates, help with production and delivery of videos, articles and presentations. A wide variety of tasks are necessary to keep the internal and external communications running smoothly, upholding the Company’s image and reputation with a wide range of stakeholders.
Main duties/role and responsibilities
- Help with the monthly social media plan, create and post social media content. Respond to comments and queries on our social media channels in a timely manner.
- Keep company website updated with company news & PR stories, events, videos and careers section.
- Respond to queries and emails received in the media, social and info outlook inboxes.
- Support the creation and delivery of monthly HTML email newsletter: (1) employee newsletter; (2) shareholder newsletter; and (3) external company newsletter.
- Help with marketing collateral creation.
- Keep the images and video library updated and keep the CRM database updated.
- Help with organising investor, journalist and other stakeholder visits (booking rooms, catering, organising building access passes and materials).
- Manage image requests from journalists and external stakeholders.
- Provide assistance and support when filming is happening on site (booking rooms, chaperoning film crew, booking interviewees).
- Maintain and improve email distribution lists for newsletters.
- Education to undergraduate level
- Science or Engineering background would be an advantage
- Proficient in use of social media platforms and familiar with WordPress blogs or websites
- Experience of creating email marketing campaigns
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, including Powerpoint
- Communication experience, particularly in writing
- Basic graphic design skills and experience
- Good interpersonal and project management skills
- Good relationship building and influencing skills to obtain willing support from the Company for activities within this role
- Practical problem-solving skills to help sort out situations quickly, effectively and where possible, independently
- Flexibility and willingness to multi-task and help others
- Good team player
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Company pension scheme
- Eligible for company share option scheme after 1 years’ service
- Company bonus scheme, discretionary, dependant on performance
- Private medical insurance after 3 months service
- Cycle to work scheme
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position. If you do not hear back from us within 10 days of submitting your application, then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. However, we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
No terminology in the advert or job description is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the role.
How to apply
If you are passionate about accelerating the development of fusion power and want to join our dynamic team, please send your CV with a covering letter detailing your experience to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Important information for candidates
Please note that the appointment of the successful candidate will be subject to standard pre-employment screening, as applicable to the post. This will include right-to-work, proof of identity and references.
Please note that any personal data submitted to Tokamak Energy as part of the job application process will be processed in accordance with the GDPR and related UK data protection legislation, for more information regarding GDPR please see: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation
Equality of Opportunity
Entry into employment with the Tokamak Energy and progression within employment will be determined only by personal merit and the application of criteria which are related to the duties of each post and the relevant salary structure. In all cases, ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration. No applicant or member of staff shall be discriminated against because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.