Design Office Manager
Location: Milton Park, Abingdon
Job type: Permanent
The Design Office is key to the delivery of Tokamak Energy’s mission. The growing department produces high quality designs using Solid Edge complimented by Team Centre. The Design Manager will lead the team to provide high quality, cost effective solutions in line with the project plan. To develop and maintain drawing office standards in line with the requirements of the industry.
- Management of all staff and contract designers, including carrying out annual appraisals and probationary reviews
- Managing staff and software licence utilisation and staff recruitment
- Managing software and hardware requirements, budgets and updates for the Design Office.
- Implementing and maintaining design standards and materials database
- Overall management of Team Centre and structures used for model and drawing control
- On time delivery of designs and drawings in both 2D and 3D using Solid Edge.
- Delivering quality of output of the Design Office through definition of process that include Design Office related FMEA, checked Bills of Material and design reviews to meet stage gate deadlines
- Ensuring all assemblies are formally reviewed and signed off for manufacture
- Representing the Design Office at meetings and presentations as required.
Hazard-specific / Safety-critical duties [delete if not appropriate]
- Working at heights
- Travel outside of Europe or North America on company business
- Energetic and effective team manager
- Proven track record in complex electro-mechanical components and systems design
- Strong capability in design process definition, implementation and adherence
- Clear problem-solving and decision making skills
- Experience in implementation of design standards and design for manufacture
- Degree-qualified engineering design
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Company pension scheme
- Eligible for company share option scheme after 1 years’ service
- Company bonus scheme, discretionary, dependant on performance
- Private medical insurance after 3 months service
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position. If you do not hear back from us within 10 days of submitting, your application then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. However, we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
No terminology in the advert or job description is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.
How to apply
Please submit your CV with a covering letter detailing your experience to email@example.com
Important information for candidates
Please note that the appointment of the successful candidate will be subject to standard pre-employment screening, as applicable to the post. This will include right-to-work, proof of identity and references.
Please note that any personal data submitted to Tokamak Energy as part of the job application process will be processed in accordance with the GDPR and related UK data protection legislation, for more information regarding GDPR please see: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation
Equality of Opportunity
Entry into employment with the Tokamak Energy and progression within employment will be determined only by personal merit and the application of criteria which are related to the duties of each post and the relevant salary structure. In all cases, ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration. No applicant or member of staff shall be discriminated against because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.