Electrical Draughtsperson / Electrical CAD Technician
Location: Milton Park, Abingdon
Salary: Competitive depending on experience
Job type: Full Time, Permanent or Contractor (37.5 hours per week)
The company was originally established in 2009 to design and develop small spherical tokamaks and compact fusion reactors for a range of applications. Since then, the Company has unlocked a new route to scalable fusion power that is cost-effective and does not require huge infrastructure and capital expenditure. The technology will revolutionise the world’s energy production – it will be possible to produce more energy, more cheaply and with fewer harmful side effects (e.g. with no long-term nuclear waste or carbon emissions). Tokamak Energy aims to accelerate the development of fusion energy by combining two emerging technologies – spherical tokamaks and high-temperature superconductors. The company’s innovation has been featured on Channel 4 news, BBC News Click and Reuters news channel and they received a Technology Pioneer Award at the World Economic Forum on 2016. This is the chance to join a fast-growing high technology company with an agile, dynamic team and to tackle the challenge of a lifetime
Person and Job Specification
The candidate will be part of the Electrical Engineering team. The team is responsible for the design, installation and commissioning of many pulsed power supplies as well as installation and commissioning of the controls, diagnostics and safety systems for the ST40 programme. The Electrical Draughtsman will provide drawing and design support to the Electrical Engineering team for Electrical Equipment on ST40.
Key duties will include but are not limited to:
- Support Electrical Engineers with the creation of cable single line (loop) diagrams, wiring diagrams and schematics using AutoCAD Electrical.
- Modification of existing designs and drawings.
- Reverse engineering of existing electrical systems to produce drawings.
- Interpreting I/O Schedules.
- Upload and maintain drawings using a document management system such as Teamcenter (training can be given)
- Liaising with Electrical Engineers and Technicians.
- Liaising with various manufacturing companies for product details.
- Internally the post holder will communicate with the Electrical Engineering Group manager and other engineering staff working within the Company.
Key Skills and qualifications
- The job holder will need to have self-initiative with the ability to find relevant information from different departments.
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively as part of a team, or alone.
- Willingness to learn new techniques.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Self-motivated and uses initiative.
- Ability to be involved in a wide range of technologies.
- Practically minded and have a hands-on approach to work.
- Strong problem-solving ability.
- Have a keen eye for detail.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good planning and organisational skills.
- Able to work safely.
- Training will be given to learn new techniques where required.
- Knowledge on AutoCAD and how to produce wiring diagrams
- Experience with AutoCAD within an Electrical environment.
- AC & DC cable single line / loop drawings.
- Electrical schematic drawings.
- Knowledge of IEC electrical drawing standards.
- HNC / HND or similar qualification in a technical field.
- Experience of LV power distribution equipment and cable management systems.
- Knowledge of BS7671.
- Wiring sizing within a control panel.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products – especially Word and Excel.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (pro rata for part-time roles)
- Company pension scheme
- Eligible for company share option scheme after a years’ service
- Company bonus scheme, discretionary, dependent on performance
- Private medical insurance after 3 months