Safety Case Engineer (TOK163)
Location: Milton Park, Abingdon
Job type: Permanent
Overview of the role
- Produce and implement all functional safety assessments, reports and / or safety cases for Tokamak Energy
- Develop robust safety justifications for their plant and operations
- Carry out quantitative and qualitative functional safety hazard / risk assessments
- Work with a range of stakeholders, to obtain information relevant to the safety assessment, and produce appropriate technical reports
- Report to Chief Engineer
- Contribute to and carry out the assessment of modifications and changes, reviewing the existing assessment and determining whether the safety limits are being challenged
- Contribute to ensuring best practice functional safety methodologies and technologies are followed throughout the business
- Run workshops/seminars
Requirements and attributes we value
- Degree qualified in an appropriate engineering or scientific discipline
- Experience of preparation and implementation of functional safety documentation & technical reports addressing functional safety issues preferably in a regulated and high hazard environment
- A positive, proactive and enthusiastic approach
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams
- A good attention to detail
- Experience with radiological hazards would be beneficial
- Experience or knowledge of safety assessment techniques including hazard identification, fault schedules, fault / event tree analysis, radiological consequence assessment, qualitative / quantitative risk assessment
Benefits available to you
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Company pension scheme
- Eligible for company share option scheme after 1 years’ service
- Company bonus scheme, discretionary, dependant on performance
- Private medical insurance after 3 months service
- Cycle to work scheme
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position. If you do not hear back from us within 10 days of submitting, your application then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. However, we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
No terminology in the advert or job description is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.
How to apply
If you are passionate about accelerating the development of fusion power and want to join our dynamic team, please send your CV with a covering letter detailing your experience to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important information for candidates
Please note that the appointment of the successful candidate will be subject to standard pre-employment screening, as applicable to the post. This will include right-to-work, proof of identity and references.
Please note that any personal data submitted to Tokamak Energy as part of the job application process will be processed in accordance with the GDPR and related UK data protection legislation, for more information regarding GDPR please see: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation
Equality of opportunity
Entry into employment with the Tokamak Energy and progression within employment will be determined only by personal merit and the application of criteria which are related to the duties of each post and the relevant salary structure. In all cases, ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration. No applicant or member of staff shall be discriminated against because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.