Group Accountant/Group & Reporting Accountant (TOK089)
Location: Milton Park, Abingdon
Job type: Permanent
This key role, reporting to the Financial Controller, is a new role that has been created to support our growing business and increasing financial reporting requirements. The business anticipates continued future growth, increased funding, increasing statutory compliance and internal reporting requirements and this role is key is building the financial infrastructure to capitalise upon and respond to these future changes.
The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering financial statutory compliance, valuable internal reporting (management and cost reporting), cashflow forecasting, budgeting and forecasting and tax compliance for the Group and main operating company. The Group Accountant will work cross-functionally, playing a central role in continuing to embed the Finance team as a value-add department within the business.
Main duties/role and responsibilities
Responsible for the delivery and development of the following areas:
- Group statutory reporting and consolidation, including audit process and liaison with external auditors
- Oversight of internal reporting including management accounts and project cost reporting
- Budgeting and forecasting, including cashflow forecasting
- Consolidation and management of financial Risk & Opportunity deck
- Tax compliance
- Staff management of 1 direct report (plus one indirect)
- Ability to build strong internal and external relationships
- Support Management accountant in payment process
You will be a Big 4/Big 6 practice trained, fully qualified accountant with a passion for reporting and post-qualified experience in industry;
- ACA qualified
- Audit and IFRS statutory consolidated financial statement experience with listed entities
- Strong internal and project cost reporting background
- Strong budgeting, forecasting and project reporting experience
- Strong cashflow management skills
- Strong technical accounting background/experience
- Experience of tax compliance (R&D tax credit experience is advantageous)
- Ability to line manage effectively and develop staff
- Experience in high technology, engineering or high capex environments is beneficial
- Work with integrity, delivery focus and accountability
- An interest in our mission
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Company pension scheme
- Eligible for company share option scheme after 1 years’ service
- Company bonus scheme, discretionary, dependant on performance
- Private medical insurance after 3 months service
- Cycle to work scheme
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position. If you do not hear back from us within 10 days of submitting, your application then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. However, we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
No terminology in the advert or job description is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.
How to apply
If you are passionate about accelerating the development of fusion power and want to join our dynamic team, please send your CV with a covering letter detailing your experience to email@example.com
Please note that the appointment of the successful candidate will be subject to standard pre-employment screening, as applicable to the post. This will include right-to-work, proof of identity and references.
Please note that any personal data submitted to Tokamak Energy as part of the job application process will be processed in accordance with the GDPR and related UK data protection legislation, for more information regarding GDPR please see: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation
Equality of opportunity
Entry into employment with the Tokamak Energy and progression within employment will be determined only by personal merit and the application of criteria which are related to the duties of each post and the relevant salary structure. In all cases, ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration. No applicant or member of staff shall be discriminated against because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.