Head of Business Operations (TOK127)
Location: Milton Park, Abingdon
Job type: Permanent
Overview of the role
This new role will lead the business operations functions within Tokamak Energy ensuring that the appropriate infrastructure, facilities, and processes are in pace to enable the business to meet its long-term growth plans and overall objectives. Specific areas that will fall within in the remit of the Head of Business Operations include Environment Health & Safety (EHS), Quality, IT & IT Security, Site & Facilities, and Regulation & Compliance.
Main duties/role and responsibilities
- Develop and deliver the overall business operations strategy and plan to enable delivery of overall business objectives
- Identify and implement priority activities and programmes to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of business operations
- To work closely with the Finance, HR, Commercial, and Programmes & Operations teams to ensure that the appropriate infrastructure and resources are available to deliver on the identified activities and programmes
- Provide direction for and work with the EHS, Quality, Facilities and IT team leads to ensure that the functional plans align with the overall business objectives and strategy
- Develop and implement with the functional heads the appropriate procedures and policies and ensure that these are rolled out and communicated to broader teams in a clear and effective manner
- Help to implement the companies approach to Risk and Risk Management, working across the business to ensure that risks and opportunities are addressed in line with the company’s risk management process
- Ensure that appropriate site and facilities are available in a timely manner to enable deliver of the businesses current and future programmes
- On-going management of physical and cyber security threats to the business ensuring we have a robust framework to protect core assets
- Work with the appropriate regulatory and licensing bodies to ensure that the company is compliant with all current and future regulation
- Coach and mentor direct reports and others across the organisation
Hazard-specific / Safety-critical duties
This job includes the following hazards or safety-critical activities:
- Driving on Company business
- Travel outside of Europe or North America on company business
- The ability to provide vision, leadership and direction, converting the strategic vision into implementation delivery plans.
- Strong programme management skills and an ability to lead and deliver cross functional programmes to time and budget
- A high-level understanding of business best practises, policy and procedures to ensure compliance while ensure business needs are met and activities provide value for money.
- A high-level appreciation of risk and risk management processes
- An ability to work in a fast moving and sometimes uncertain environment
- Ability to effectively communicate at both a strategic and tactical level across all parts of the organisation
- Educated to degree level with extensive operations management experience in a technical, engineering or manufacturing environment
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Company pension scheme
- Eligible for company share option scheme after 1 years’ service
- Company bonus scheme, discretionary, dependant on performance
- Private medical insurance after 3 months service
- Cycle to work scheme
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position. If you do not hear back from us within 10 days of submitting, your application then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. However, we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
No terminology in the advert or job description is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.
How to apply
If you are passionate about accelerating the development of fusion power and want to join our dynamic team, please send your CV with a covering letter detailing your experience to email@example.com.
Important information for candidates
Please note that the appointment of the successful candidate will be subject to standard pre-employment screening, as applicable to the post. This will include right-to-work, proof of identity and references.
Please note that any personal data submitted to Tokamak Energy as part of the job application process will be processed in accordance with the GDPR and related UK data protection legislation, for more information regarding GDPR please see: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation
Equality of opportunity
Entry into employment with the Tokamak Energy and progression within employment will be determined only by personal merit and the application of criteria which are related to the duties of each post and the relevant salary structure. In all cases, ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration. No applicant or member of staff shall be discriminated against because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.