IT Support Engineer
Location: Milton Park, Abingdon
Job type: Permanent
Are you highly motivated, enthusiastic and seeking a new challenge in a fast paced environment, then this could be the role for you. Tokamak Energy is looking to recruit an IT Support Engineer who will be responsible for working closely with the IT Manager to deliver day to day support as well as the implementation and maintenance of the Company’s critical IT infrastructure to fulfil the current and future business needs. A passion for detail and a desire to understand things, coupled with a service-orientated mindset will be the key to your success.
Main duties/role and responsibilities
- Provide polite and professional technical support, training and guidance for users with varying levels of IT knowledge and competence.
- Installing/upgrading windows based computers and installing software packages
- Carry out general administration duties, such as create/modify users, security groups, etc
- Perform general troubleshooting for hardware/software problems across our sites.
- Maintaining/creating documentation for processes and procedures
- Document all jobs on the IT Support helpdesk in line with standard operation procedures.
- Prioritise and manage several open issues at any one time then escalating any unresolved issues
- Maintain an up-to-date asset register of all hardware and software
- Assist with large system configuration and commissioning.
- Assist with management and control of software and firmware updates and releases.
- Assist with the creation/development of technical support documentation and procedures.
- Undertake additional duties, or assist other members of staff, as may be reasonably requested by your Manager.
Hazard-specific / Safety-critical duties
This job includes the following hazards or safety-critical activities which will require successful pre-employment health screening through our Occupational Health Service before the successful candidate will be allowed to start work:
- Night working (11pm-6am)
- Work in hot or cold environments
Essential selection criteria
- Accustomed to working in a small technical team but also independently
- Ability to work under pressure
- Proven work experience as an IT Support Engineer or similar role
- Hands on experience with windows/linux/Mac OS environments
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobiles devices and other tech products
- Familiarity with remote desktop applications and helpdesk software
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Office 365
- Active Directory
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help both written and verbal
Desirable selection criteria
- Basic cyber security knowledge
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Company pension scheme
- Eligible for company share option scheme after 1 years’ service
- Company bonus scheme, discretionary, dependant on performance
- Private medical insurance after 3 months service
- Cycle to work scheme
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position. If you do not hear back from us within 10 days of submitting, your application then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. However, we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
No terminology in the advert or job description is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.
How to apply
If you are passionate about accelerating the development of fusion power and want to join our dynamic team, please send your CV with a covering letter detailing your experience to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important information for candidates
Please note that the appointment of the successful candidate will be subject to standard pre-employment screening, as applicable to the post. This will include right-to-work, proof of identity and references.
Please note that any personal data submitted to Tokamak Energy as part of the job application process will be processed in accordance with the GDPR and related UK data protection legislation, for more information regarding GDPR please see: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation
Equality of opportunity
Entry into employment with the Tokamak Energy and progression within employment will be determined only by personal merit and the application of criteria which are related to the duties of each post and the relevant salary structure. In all cases, ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration. No applicant or member of staff shall be discriminated against because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.