Junior Buyer (TOK128 & 129)
Location: Milton Park, Abingdon
Job type: Permanent
Overview of the role
Tokamak Energy are currently looking for a Junior Buyer to join an exciting and growing Procurement team in a fast paced, Agile R&D engineering environment. This role has been created to keep pace with the rapid growth Tokamak Energy is currently going experiencing to help facilitate deliver its current and future objectives. This will be a very diverse role, suiting a flexible delivery focused individual who enjoys a role that will continue to grow as their time with the business increases. This includes close collaboration with Mechanical Design & Project teams, as well as new supplier management and ensuring the continuity of supply of materials in line with the programme needs.
Main duties/role and responsibilities
- Supporting the Buyer with day-to-day Procurement activities
- Managing the placing and chasing or Purchase orders, with regular communication of progress to the project teams
- Dealing with supplier issues, with regards to delivery, Quality and invoice queries
- Supporting supplier performance review with maintaining accurate system data
- Managing customs clearance, imports of Purchase Orders from non-UK based suppliers
- Working collaboratively with the Mechanical Design Team to provide excellent procurement support and establish strong stakeholder relationships
- Securing suitable technical suppliers in terms of delivery, quality and value
- Obtaining competitive quotations, where expected spend and timelines allow
- Supporting the review of our supplier database to help establish preferred and nominated suppliers for specific categories of spend
- Regularly review supplier spend portfolio to seek future savings opportunities
- Supporting the wider Procurement Team to implement new Procurement systems and processes
- Supporting occasional system maintenance tasks, such as new part creation or potential BOM management
- Work on ad-hoc procurement projects as the company requires
- Competent with reading and interpreting engineering/ technical drawings
- High level of attention to detail and well organised
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritise workload
- Highly flexible individual who can adjust to a very agile environment
- Proactive, methodical, practical and persistent
- Able to work well under pressure
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Works well within a team
- Microsoft Office suite proficient
- CIPS qualified or working towards (Desirable)
- Experience of working in a purchasing role in an engineering environment (Desirable)
- Familiar with Business Central/ Navision inventory systems (Desirable)
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Company pension scheme
- Eligible for company share option scheme after 1 years’ service
- Company bonus scheme, discretionary, dependant on performance
- Private medical insurance after 3 months service
- Cycle to work scheme
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position. If you do not hear back from us within 10 days of submitting, your application then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. However, we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
No terminology in the advert or job description is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.
How to apply
If you are passionate about accelerating the development of fusion power and want to join our dynamic team, please send your CV with a covering letter detailing your experience to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important information for candidates
Please note that the appointment of the successful candidate will be subject to standard pre-employment screening, as applicable to the post. This will include right-to-work, proof of identity and references.
Please note that any personal data submitted to Tokamak Energy as part of the job application process will be processed in accordance with the GDPR and related UK data protection legislation, for more information regarding GDPR please see: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation
Equality of opportunity
Entry into employment with the Tokamak Energy and progression within employment will be determined only by personal merit and the application of criteria which are related to the duties of each post and the relevant salary structure. In all cases, ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration. No applicant or member of staff shall be discriminated against because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.