IT Support Engineer
Location: Milton Park, Abingdon
Salary: Competitive depending on experience
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Tokamak Energy aims to accelerate the development of fusion energy by combining two emerging technologies – spherical tokamaks and high-temperature superconductors.
The company was originally established in 2009 to design and develop small Spherical Tokamaks and compact fusion reactors for a range of applications. Since then, the strategy has evolved to prioritise building a pilot plant to exceed fusion energy breakeven.
Person and Job Specification
As a Junior IT Support Engineer, you will be responsible for working closely with colleagues to deliver day to day support as well as implement and maintain critical IT infrastructure to fulfil present and future business needs.
Duties will include
- Assist users with IT related issues.
- Installing/Upgrading Windows based computers and installing Software packages.
- Set up new users’ accounts and profiles and deal with password issues
- Resolving security alerts on client computers and assisting other team members when required.
- Maintaining/Creating documentation and a great telephone manner communicating clearly.
- Troubleshoot system and network problems, diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults
- Support team members with day to day tasks
Personal Skills and Attributes
- Used to working in a small technical team
- Able to produce timely responses to technical support queries
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work independently when required and have excellent problem-solving skills
Experience and Knowledge
- Office 365
- Windows operating systems
- Active Directory
- Basic Cyber Security knowledge
- 25 Days Holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Company Pension scheme: Company contribution of 5% of salary after 3 months’ service
- Eligible for company share option scheme after one years’ service
- Company bonus scheme, discretionary, dependent on performance
- Private medical insurance after 3 months’ service