Lead Quality Inspector (TOK112)
Location: Milton Park, Abingdon
Job type: Permanent
Overview of the role
The successful candidates will be responsible for ensuring good quality products are used in internal manufacturing and meet the product specifications.
Main duties/role and responsibilities
- To carry out goods receiving and internal inspection and maintain appropriate records
- Maintain the company’s calibration system
- Produce inspection reports on new and revised products
- Measure and visually inspect components and assemblies to drawing using a variety of metrology equipment including the use of Romer Arm equipment.
- Visually inspect welds.
- Ensure any defects and features not to specification are recorded through the non-conformance process
- Visually inspect finished goods to ensure compliance to specification and being the champion for ensuring the required quality standard is delivered.
- Quality inspection background
- Ability to read engineering drawings and engineering specifications
- Experience of using Romer Arm and CMM devices with Polyworks or PC-DMIS software.
- Ability to carry out component inspection (manual) using measuring equipment such as Verniers, Micrometers, Height Gauges, Screw & Ring Gauges etc.
- Ability to carry out in-house manual measuring equipment calibration.
- Familiar with the requirements of ISO9001:2015
- Computer literate and familiar with Office 365 applications
- Attention to detail and high standards of organisational ability.
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative with little or no supervision
- Communication skills, ability to deliver detailed information at all levels within the business.
- Leader mind set and team player with conflict resilience, “right-first-time” mentality.
- Able to demonstrate a range of organisational skills.
- Able to work on own initiative.
- Able to meet tight deadlines, ensuring quality is not compromised.
- Ability to learn fast and safely
- Forklift truck license (desirable but not essential)
- Knowledge or experience of welding and fabrication processes would be beneficial
- Knowledge or experience of vacuum systems would be advantageous
- Understanding of Quality and Process management tools and methodology. Examples including 5S/6S, flowcharts, VSM, Kaizen, Pareto, QCPC, SPC, AQL, FMEA, 8D, Cause & Effect, Ishikawa, 5 whys etc.
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Company pension scheme
- Eligible for company share option scheme after 1 years’ service
- Company bonus scheme, discretionary, dependant on performance
- Private medical insurance after 3 months service
- Cycle to work scheme
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position. If you do not hear back from us within 10 days of submitting, your application then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. However, we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
No terminology in the advert or job description is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.
How to apply
If you are passionate about accelerating the development of fusion power and want to join our dynamic team, please send your CV with a covering letter detailing your experience to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important information for candidates
Please note that the appointment of the successful candidate will be subject to standard pre-employment screening, as applicable to the post. This will include right-to-work, proof of identity and references.
Please note that any personal data submitted to Tokamak Energy as part of the job application process will be processed in accordance with the GDPR and related UK data protection legislation, for more information regarding GDPR please see: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation
Equality of opportunity
Entry into employment with the Tokamak Energy and progression within employment will be determined only by personal merit and the application of criteria which are related to the duties of each post and the relevant salary structure. In all cases, ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration. No applicant or member of staff shall be discriminated against because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.