Management and Project Accountant
Location: Milton Park, Abingdon
Job type: Permanent
This Management and Project Accountant role will be a key position within the Finance team, with a real opportunity to help integrate the Finance team into Project and Programmes delivery teams. Responsible for building relationships with Project/Programme Teams by providing them with “real time” analysis and understanding of their costs and commitments profiles, updating rolling forecasts and tracking financial risks and opportunities, you will be key in supporting on-cost and on-time project delivery. You will also deliver the monthly management accounts providing insight to the Executive Management Team, as well as preparing annual budgets and forecasts, with a focus on cash runway. You will manage our Accounts Assistant and have a keen interest in their professional development.
- Providing insight through project cost reports and projections, including tracking risks and opportunities
- Preparation of monthly Management accounts and reconciliations, including reports and commentaries, within month end deadlines
- Preparation of annual Budgets and forecasts
- Preparation and submission of monthly VAT & Intrastat returns
- Management of Purchase Ledger function, ensuring payments are made in a timely manner
- Management of small Sales Ledger function, including income for subcontractor services and tracking grant income
- Professional development of Accounts Assistant
- Integration of Finance team within Project/Programme teams
Essential Selection criteria
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified, or part-qualified and studying
- Confident finance professional able to be an effective Finance business partner
- Strong communication skills
- Interest in engaging in technical projects
- Experience of preparing management accounts
- Ability to lead, manage and coach direct reports
- Exceptional attention to detail and very organised, along with a methodical approach.
- Able to demonstrate a proactive, can do approach
Desirable selection criteria
- Experience of R&D / high-technology / engineering / agile business environments
- A general interest in technology businesses, fusion or engineering
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Company pension scheme
- Eligible for company share option scheme after 1 years’ service
- Company bonus scheme, discretionary, dependant on performance
- Private medical insurance after 3 months service
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position. If you do not hear back from us within 10 days of submitting, your application then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. However, we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
No terminology in the advert or job description is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.
How to apply
If you are passionate about accelerating the development of fusion power and want to join our dynamic team, please send your CV with a covering letter detailing your experience to firstname.lastname@example.org