Location: Milton Park, Abingdon
Job type: Permanent
We are seeking an accomplished Procurement Assistant to support the rapid and exiting growth of our Fusion Energy programme. Reporting directly to the Purchasing Manager, you will take ownership of the day to day procurement activities providing essential support to the procurement team. You will play an integral role in the daily operations of our business. You will work closely with the purchasing team, communicating effectively with Suppliers and Engineers to ensure that essential goods and materials are delivered on time and in full meeting the demanding requirements of our Fusion Energy programme. The ideal candidate will be a committed and self-starting team player with strong interpersonal and organisational skills, able to manage your own time effectively. You will need to be confident, with a good phone manner, you do not need specific experience in the industry, but you need to be ready and willing to get stuck in, and complete varied, time sensitive tasks quickly and effectively. This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to have a real impact and contribution to the success of Fusion Energy.
- Converting Purchase requisitions to Purchase Orders in line with ordering timescales/forecasts;
- Track orders from placement through to delivery whilst maintaining excellent communication levels with Engineering and Programme Manager;
- Pro-actively contact suppliers to resolve price, quality, delivery or invoice issues;
- To assist Procurement team in all matters related to vendor service, such as poor product quality or delivery delays;
- Support and develop ideas and strategies to improve operational efficiency and continuous improvement.
- Ensure that a professional and consistent approach is taken in relation to all supply supplier relationships.
- Ensure compliance to Health & Safety, Environmental, Quality and financial guidelines.
- Support the procurement team with researching of alternative supplier sources for goods and materials.
- Undertake research on and evaluate existing and new suppliers, practices and technologies.
Selection criteria – Essential
- At least 12 months experience working in an administrative role, preferably gained in a purchasing / procurement team.
- A minimum of 5 GCSE grades (A*- C), to include English and Maths (or equivalent).
- You will possess an excellent telephone manner, friendly disposition and a strong desire to deliver excellent customer service.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- You will possess excellent IT skills, including use of Microsoft packages incl. Excel and Word.
- You will have meticulous attention to detail and be able to work on your own initiative.
Selection criteria – Desirable
- Experience from within a faced paced engineering environment such as Formula 1 or similar.
- Advanced Microsoft Dynamics NAV use.
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply or working towards.
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays).
- Company pension scheme.
- Eligible for company share option scheme after 1 years’ service.
- Company bonus scheme, discretionary, dependant on performance.
- Private medical insurance after 3 months service.
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position. If you do not hear back from us within 10 days of submitting, your application then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. However, we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
No terminology in the advert or job description is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.
How to apply
Please submit your CV with a covering letter detailing your experience to firstname.lastname@example.org
Important information for candidates
Please note that the appointment of the successful candidate will be subject to standard pre-employment screening, as applicable to the post. This will include right-to-work, proof of identity and references.
Please note that any personal data submitted to Tokamak Energy as part of the job application process will be processed in accordance with the GDPR and related UK data protection legislation, for more information regarding GDPR please see: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation
Equality of Opportunity
Entry into employment with the Tokamak Energy and progression within employment will be determined only by personal merit and the application of criteria which are related to the duties of each post and the relevant salary structure. In all cases, ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration. No applicant or member of staff shall be discriminated against because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.