Procurement Officer – In-directs and Supplier Performance
Location: Milton Park, Abingdon
Job type: Permanent
We are seeking an accomplished Procurement Officer – Indirect and Supplier performance to support the rapid and exiting growth of our Fusion Energy programme. Reporting directly to the Purchasing Manager, you will take ownership for the Indirect procurement category of spend, as well as being responsible for managing supplier and contract performance for the Procurement team working on multiple projects at anyone time. You will provide contract over-site and identify opportunities to drive value and reduce operational risk. This role will act as a single point of contact for supplier and contract performance. You will play an integral role in the daily operations of our business. You will work closely with the purchasing team, communicating effectively with suppliers and engineers to ensure that essential goods and materials are delivered on time and in full meeting the demanding requirements of our Fusion Energy programme. The ideal candidate will be a committed and self-starting team player with strong interpersonal and organisational skills, able to manage your own time effectively. You will be expert in supplier engagement with proven negotiation skills. You will be comfortable communication at all levels within the organisation with excellent relationship management skills. This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to have a real impact and contribution to the success of Fusion Energy.
- Proven procurement experience within indirect procurement.
- Proven experience with supplier development and performance management.
- End to end procurement – track orders from placement through to delivery whilst maintaining excellent communication levels with Engineering and Programme Managers.
- Develop strong relationships with technology managers, business owners and procurement.
- Pro-actively engage with suppliers to resolve price, quality, delivery or invoice issues ensuring on time and in full deliveries.
- To assist Procurement team in all matters related to vendor service, such as poor product quality or delivery delays.
- Support and develop ideas and strategies to improve operational efficiency and continuous improvement.
- Ensure that a professional and consistent approach is taken in relation to all supply supplier relationships.
- Ensure compliance to Health & Safety, Environmental, Quality and financial guidelines.
- Undertake research on and evaluate existing and new suppliers, practices and technologies.
- To develop our supplier performance management approach, create and maintain performance metrics, dashboards and communicate supplier performance to engineering and programmes.
Selection criteria – Essential
- Significant experience with in-directs within an engineering purchasing role with demonstrable delivery of strategic initiatives.
- Proven supplier performance and quality management experience.
- Analytical, numerically astute with good problem identification and ability to find real solutions.
- Results orientated with the ability to plan and deliver against project deadlines.
- Commercially and financially aware with keen attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
- Advanced skills and knowledge of relevant supply chain, purchasing and sourcing concepts.
- Innovative and embraces a personal challenge.
- Confident, rounded thinking – able to quickly access solutions.
- Strong proven experience of building and maintaining effective and productive relationships with key stakeholders and suppliers.
- Proven negotiation, communication, interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply.
Selection criteria – Desirable
- Experience from within a faced paced engineering environment such as Scientific, Pharma, R&D, Aerospace, F1 or similar.
- Advanced Microsoft Dynamics NAV use.
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply Level 4 minimum or working towards.
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position. If you do not hear back from us within 10 days of submitting, your application then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. However, we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
No terminology in the advert or job description is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.
- 25 days holiday, pro rata (plus bank holidays).
- Company pension scheme.
- Eligible for company share option scheme after 1 years’ service.
- Company bonus scheme, discretionary, dependant on performance.
- Private medical insurance after 3 months service.
How to apply
Please submit your CV with a covering letter detailing your experience to firstname.lastname@example.org
Important information for candidates
Please note that the appointment of the successful candidate will be subject to standard pre-employment screening, as applicable to the post. This will include right-to-work, proof of identity and references.
Please note that any personal data submitted to Tokamak Energy as part of the job application process will be processed in accordance with the GDPR and related UK data protection legislation, for more information regarding GDPR please see: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation
Equality of Opportunity
Entry into employment with the Tokamak Energy and progression within employment will be determined only by personal merit and the application of criteria which are related to the duties of each post and the relevant salary structure. In all cases, ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration. No applicant or member of staff shall be discriminated against because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.