Project Engineer (MECH013)
Location: Milton Park, Abingdon
Job type: Permanent
This role will be responsible for the coordination and delivery of a technical project within a Tokamak programme to quality, time and budget targets
Main duties/role and responsibilities
- Capture requirements and verification and clearly define the project scope, requirements and deliverables and track the progress of satisfying the requirements
- Generate deliverables-based plans (timing and resource) to set timelines for the successful delivery of project objectives to quality, time and cost targets. Collaborate with the Project Leader to set milestones in the plan to track progress.
- Ensure project documentation is established according to the project and programme management processes (eg requirements, project plans, finances, system FMEAs, design release approvals, risk register, change management documentation)
- Co-ordinate daily team activities and ensure required resources (eg CAD design, Controls, Technicians), BoM and parts, work instructions and H&S risk assessments are in place.
- With the Technical Leader, proactively lead the project team to successfully deliver project objectives and deliverables
- Conduct regular project team reviews to ensure the project plan is delivered and escalate any technical issues to the Project Leader and/or ST40 Technical Leader. Distribute key notes and actions.
- Monitor actual performance against the plan and instruct corrective action where necessary to mitigate any potential variance
- Identify project risks and liaise with key stakeholders to ensure suitable mitigation plans are in place and coordinate business discussions to resolve any time, cost or specification changes where necessary
- Ensure lessons learnt are captured and shared appropriately
- Promote adherence to safe working practices in the delivery of project activities
- Collaborate with Quality Manager and the Programme Management team to ensure project and programme management processes are aligned to the Quality Operating System
- Lead preparation, submission and presentation of project status reports
- Engineering degree
- Achieved or working to an accredited APM (or equiv.) qualification
- Experience in delivering complex technology / engineering projects
- Experienced user of Microsoft Project and/or agile programme management tools (e.g. Redmine)
- Knowledge and experience of engineering design and/or software development processes
- Effective communication (both oral and written), internally and externally
- Able to interpret highly technical situations/issues and translate them into a communication suitable for all levels of the business
- Strong problem-solving and decision making skills
- Positive, energetic and results focussed
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Company pension scheme
- Eligible for company share option scheme after 1 years’ service
- Company bonus scheme, discretionary, dependant on performance
- Private medical insurance after 3 months service
- Cycle to work scheme
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position. If you do not hear back from us within 10 days of submitting, your application then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. However, we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
No terminology in the advert or job description is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.
How to apply
If you are passionate about accelerating the development of fusion power and want to join our dynamic team, please send your CV with a covering letter detailing your experience to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important information for candidates
Please note that the appointment of the successful candidate will be subject to standard pre-employment screening, as applicable to the post. This will include right-to-work, proof of identity and references.
Please note that any personal data submitted to Tokamak Energy as part of the job application process will be processed in accordance with the GDPR and related UK data protection legislation, for more information regarding GDPR please see: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation
Equality of opportunity
Entry into employment with the Tokamak Energy and progression within employment will be determined only by personal merit and the application of criteria which are related to the duties of each post and the relevant salary structure. In all cases, ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration. No applicant or member of staff shall be discriminated against because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.