Project Engineer (PROJ005)
Location: Milton Park, Abingdon
Job type: Permanent
Main duties/role and responsibilities
- Liaise with the Project Manager and Technical Manager to provide engineering delivery leadership to the project team
- Assist with the day to day running of the project, ensuring issues are quickly identified and resolved
- Ensure that planned activities and deliverables are completed by suppliers and internal engineering teams to schedule
- Help to generate and maintain project documentation and participate in continuous improvement activities both at project and business level
- Capture requirements and verification and clearly define the project scope, requirements and deliverables and track the progress of satisfying the requirements
- Ensure project documentation is established according to the project and programme management processes (eg requirements, project plans, finances, system FMEAs, design release approvals, risk register, change management documentation)
- Monitor actual performance against the plan and instruct corrective action where necessary to mitigate any potential variance
- Identify project risks and liaise with key stakeholders to ensure suitable mitigation plans are in place and coordinate business discussions to resolve any time, cost or specification changes where necessary
- Ensure lessons learnt are captured and shared appropriately
- Promote adherence to safe working practices in the delivery of project activities
- Engineering degree
- Desirable to have experience in complex engineering projects involving Quality Assurance/high reliability/high criticality components
- Effective communication (both oral and written), internally and externally
- Able to interpret highly technical situations/issues and translate them into a communication suitable for all levels of the business
- Strong problem-solving and decision making skills
- Positive, energetic and results focussed
- Experienced user of Microsoft Project and/or agile programme management tools
- Achieved or working to an accredited APM (or equiv.) qualification
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Company pension scheme
- Eligible for company share option scheme after 1 years’ service
- Company bonus scheme, discretionary, dependant on performance
- Private medical insurance after 3 months service
- Cycle to work scheme
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position. If you do not hear back from us within 10 days of submitting, your application then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. However, we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
No terminology in the advert or job description is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.
How to apply
If you are passionate about accelerating the development of fusion power and want to join our dynamic team, please send your CV with a covering letter detailing your experience to email@example.com.
Important information for candidates
Please note that the appointment of the successful candidate will be subject to standard pre-employment screening, as applicable to the post. This will include right-to-work, proof of identity and references.
Please note that any personal data submitted to Tokamak Energy as part of the job application process will be processed in accordance with the GDPR and related UK data protection legislation, for more information regarding GDPR please see: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation
Equality of opportunity
Entry into employment with the Tokamak Energy and progression within employment will be determined only by personal merit and the application of criteria which are related to the duties of each post and the relevant salary structure. In all cases, ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration. No applicant or member of staff shall be discriminated against because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.