Lead Quality Engineer (TOK112)
Location: Milton Park, Abingdon
Job type: Permanent
Overview of the role
The numbers: size and complexity of the projects undertaken continues to grow, and therefore we are looking to add to quality team to support our various projects with the new position of Project Quality Engineer. The role will take ownership for and drive Quality to the highest standard on our projects, looking at continuous improvement of our processes also.
Main duties/role and responsibilities
- Monitor all quality related activities on the project.
- Verify contractor quality requirements are specified to vendors and contractor documentation submittals.
- Attend client quality management meetings.
- The preparation and control of project quality system management documentation prior to project commencement.
- Coordinate all QA/QC activities with the Project team.
- Coordinate all quality related correspondence with the supply chain representatives.
- Control and archive documentation upon the completion of the project.
- Carry out Route cause analysis for issue resolution.
- Ensure standardised documents are utilised on all projects.
To be successful in this highly business critical role you will have a proven track record within quality and project management with a passion for quality, able to create processes around this.
- Be able to demonstrate experience in Governance, AS9100 / ISO9001 and Continuous improvement.
- Experience of working within a Project Team Environment.
- Ideally APM qualified (to PFQ or PMQ level), PRINCE2 or equivalent.
- Substantial experience in Quality or Project Execution function in a project-based business.
- Proven ability to write and produce programme quality plans and managing the elements within those plans.
- Experience of deploying various Tools and Techniques i.e. APQP, PPAP, 8D, PFMEAs, Lean, 5S, Root cause analysis, DMAIC, First Article Verifications.
- Communication skills, ability to deliver detailed information at all levels within the business (e.g. attend high-level meetings, delivering concise presentations).
- Technical Background on mechanical and or electrical engineering or similar.
- Proven ability to write and produce technical reports and ability to oversee internal and external quality audits.
- Leader mind set and team player with conflict resilience, “right-first-time” mentality.
- Proven skills in quality improvement techniques and Risk Management (i.e. Six Sigma, FMEA).
- Strong capabilities in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint, Planner, Project).
- Able to demonstrate a range of organisational skills.
- Able to work on own initiative.
- Experience of quality auditing.
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Company pension scheme
- Eligible for company share option scheme after 1 years’ service
- Company bonus scheme, discretionary, dependant on performance
- Private medical insurance after 3 months service
- Cycle to work scheme
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position. If you do not hear back from us within 10 days of submitting, your application then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. However, we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
No terminology in the advert or job description is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.
How to apply
If you are passionate about accelerating the development of fusion power and want to join our dynamic team, please send your CV with a covering letter detailing your experience to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important information for candidates
Please note that the appointment of the successful candidate will be subject to standard pre-employment screening, as applicable to the post. This will include right-to-work, proof of identity and references.
Please note that any personal data submitted to Tokamak Energy as part of the job application process will be processed in accordance with the GDPR and related UK data protection legislation, for more information regarding GDPR please see: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation
Equality of opportunity
Entry into employment with the Tokamak Energy and progression within employment will be determined only by personal merit and the application of criteria which are related to the duties of each post and the relevant salary structure. In all cases, ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration. No applicant or member of staff shall be discriminated against because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.