Location: Milton Park, Abingdon (OX14)
Salary: Competitive depending on experience
Tokamak Energy aims to accelerate the development of fusion energy by combining two emerging technologies – spherical tokamaks and high-temperature superconductors.
The company was originally established in 2009 to design and develop small Spherical Tokamaks and compact fusion reactors for a range of applications. Since then, the strategy has evolved to prioritise building a pilot plant to exceed fusion energy breakeven
Person and Job Specification
The role of Quality Manager is to undertake the following overall responsibilities:
- Understanding the business needs and requirements to develop effective quality control processes
- To define and implement a fit for purpose Quality Management System for the organisation
- Ensure that processes needed for quality management are established, implemented and maintained.
- Report to the senior management team on the quality performance and any need for improvement.
- Ensure the promotion and adoption of the quality requirements throughout the organisation, and with suppliers, consultants and contractors.
- To be responsible for relevant training / teaching of staff, consultants and contractors
- Conducting internal audits to ensure compliance
- Liaise with the external assessment / audit bodies to ensure appropriate external accreditation.
In addition, the Quality Manager shall,
- Ensure that a document control procedure is adopted to approve, review and update all changes to critical documents
- Ensure that records are established and maintained to provide evidence that processes are being followed and that there is a system in place for the identification, storage, protection, retrieval, retention time and disposition of such records.
- Ensure that the performance is reviewed at planned intervals to ensure its continuing suitability, adequacy and effectiveness. This review means assessing opportunities for improvement and the need for change
- Ensure that Quality Objectives are set by senior management for measuring the performance and that these are regularly reviewed.
- Ensure that all new staff are inducted into the quality requirements related to their own roles and responsibilities. Provide update training as necessary.
- Ensure that all suppliers used by the organization are selected, evaluated and re-evaluated and that records of this assessment are maintained.
- Ensure that an internal audit programme is adopted to verify conformance to planned arrangements, and that this is effectively implemented and maintained. Ensure that appropriate action is taken when this is not the case.
- Co-ordinate continual improvements, ensuring that evidence of corrective and preventive actions taken are recorded and reviewed.
- Ensure that the organization’s Quality Management System conforms the relevant industry standards and regulatory/legal requirements.
Qualifications & Experience
- Degree or equivalent in Engineering
- Relevant experience of Quality Management within a hi-tech engineering or manufacturing industry
- Quality Management Systems Auditing experience
- Experience of interfacing with external auditors and regulators
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to interact with and influence a variety of cross-functional team members
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven capability in problem solving, team building, planning and decision making
- Commercial awareness
- 25 Days Holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Company Pension scheme: Company contribution of 5% of salary after 3 months’ service
- Eligible for company share option scheme after one years’ service
- Company bonus scheme, discretionary, dependent on performance
- Private medical insurance after 3 months’ service