Senior Quality Engineer
Location: Milton Park, Abingdon
Job type: Permanent
Overview of the role
The Senior Quality Engineer will be detail-oriented, passionate and dynamic individual with a desire to be an integral part of team, respect rules and regulations but are not afraid to do things differently and challenge ‘business as usual’. And understand the needs of the business while balancing them against the need for compliance; they will need to be organised, logical and can form a clear path through the noise when complex decisions need to be made. With the ability to develop plans of action and communicate them with confidence to 3rd party suppliers and the different functions within the business; they will be leading the delivery of quality engineering across functions and projects. The role will be dynamic with daily activities that are shared between quality assurance, control, supplier quality & QMS management supporting the Quality Manager and the growth at Tokamak Energy
Positive leadership on quality matters will be key with the Site Project Teams and introducing quality best practice to ensure operation & project activities comply with relevant procedures and QA requirements. As part of the continuous growth at Tokamak Energy, the Quality Engineer will be able to have freedom to work with the Quality Manager to develop the QMS model & build the quality framework.
It will be encouraged that they have a key role in effectively promoting a culture that delivers positive commitment to quality and engages all employees in continuous improvement and makes recommendations for improvements as appropriate.
The Senior Quality Engineer will work closely with our operational teams to support investigation of events and identification of root cause, definition and implementation of CAPA plans, monitoring of their effectiveness and co-ordinating and driving completion of all quality records
Main duties/role and responsibilities
- Support the development, validation, implementation and training for the QMS
- Lead the ongoing administration of the QMS and its continuous improvement
- Lead day to day running documentation management, CAPA and writing/maintaining processes and procedures in compliance with ISO 9001 QMS system.
- Support the internal and external audit program including CAPA, SCAR and NCR investigation and administration
- Support the onboarding and maintenance of suppliers and contract manufacturers in accordance with the QMS
- Use RCA tools/methodology including training to others
- Conduct inspection of parts & maintenance of calibration equipment when required
- Design / R&D support – active team member in design reviews and projects
- Manufacturing/operations go to for quality support
- Liaise directly with suppliers and auditors
- Research, identify and provide support on compliance/regulatory matters when needed
- To undertake any other duties or special projects as may be regarded within the responsibility of the post
Hazard-specific / Safety-critical duties
This job includes the following hazards or safety-critical activities
- Driving on Company business
- Working with materials that are managed under the control of substances hazardous to health regulations (COSHH)
- Travel outside of Europe or North America on company business
- A degree in a relevant engineering, design or science discipline (or equivalent qualification/experience)
- Developing and improving Quality Management Systems and the ability to interpret regulations
- Experience with ISO 9001
- Internal auditing
- Supplier quality experience
- Practical experience CAPA investigation and root cause analysis
- Experience in administration of an QMS would be an advantage
- Documentation management
- Ability to read engineering drawings
- Use basic inspection equipment
- APQP, PPAP & NPI experience would be an advantage
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Company pension scheme
- Eligible for company share option scheme after 1 years’ service
- Company bonus scheme, discretionary, dependant on performance
- Private medical insurance after 3 months service
- Cycle to work scheme
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position. If you do not hear back from us within 10 days of submitting, your application then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. However, we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
No terminology in the advert or job description is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.
How to apply
If you are passionate about accelerating the development of fusion power and want to join our dynamic team, please send your CV with a covering letter detailing your experience to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important information for candidates
Please note that the appointment of the successful candidate will be subject to standard pre-employment screening, as applicable to the post. This will include right-to-work, proof of identity and references.
Please note that any personal data submitted to Tokamak Energy as part of the job application process will be processed in accordance with the GDPR and related UK data protection legislation, for more information regarding GDPR please see: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation
Equality of opportunity
Entry into employment with the Tokamak Energy and progression within employment will be determined only by personal merit and the application of criteria which are related to the duties of each post and the relevant salary structure. In all cases, ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration. No applicant or member of staff shall be discriminated against because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.