Senior Systems Administrator
Location: Milton Park, Abingdon
Job type: Permanent
At Tokamak Energy, we rely on our IT systems to help the business accomplish its goals. We’re seeking an experienced systems administrator who is eager to use and grow his or her technological skills. In this role, the successful individual will be part of a small team, supporting and managing the server and network infrastructure, systems, and assets, build solutions, implement new software and hardware and provide training. The System Administrator will work closely with the IT Manager and assist in the development of an overall IT strategy.
- Proactively monitor all servers, networks and network components and respond quickly and appropriately to any alerts, warnings, anomalies or failures
- Undertake detailed troubleshooting to resolve complex or recurring issues
- Implement the server and network development plans with minimum downtime and disruption to users
- Perform regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures
- Regular Backups, Systems Monitoring, Capacity planning, Monthly patching and updates
- Assist the IT Manager in planning and implementing new IT projects
- Work with the IT Manager to identify risk and to improve IT security, processes and systems
- Support other members of the IT team when required
Essential Selection criteria
- Self-motivated with strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong knowledge of implementing and effectively developing helpdesk and IT operations best practices, including expert knowledge of security, storage, data protection, and disaster recovery protocols
- Knowledge of server operating systems, with emphasis on Microsoft Windows, including domain structures, Active Directory, system administration, and Windows Terminal Server.
- Knowledge of VMWare and building and maintaining Virtual environments.
- Experience of working with and managing O365
- Veeam Backup Solutions
- Relevant technical qualifications or training
Desirable selection criteria
- Knowledge of Citrix XenApp / XenDesktop
- Knowledge of Linux System Administration
- Understanding of advanced networking
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Company pension scheme
- Eligible for company share option scheme after 1 years’ service
- Company bonus scheme, discretionary, dependant on performance
- Private medical insurance after 3 months service
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position. If you do not hear back from us within 10 days of submitting, your application then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. However, we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
No terminology in the advert or job description is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.
How to apply
If you are passionate about accelerating the development of fusion power and want to join our dynamic team, please send your CV with a covering letter detailing your experience to firstname.lastname@example.org