ST-E1 Programme Manager (TOK173)
Location: Milton Park, Abingdon
Job type: Permanent
In this role, you will:
- Establish project teams based on the programme technical requirements and agree project team structures, roles and resourcing.
- Using appropriate planning tools, generate deliverables-based, integrated programme plans (timing and resource) to set timelines for the successful delivery of programme objectives to quality, time and cost targets. These will increasingly involve suppliers and construction partners. Collaborate with project leaders to set milestones in the plan to track progress.
- Co-ordinate commercial negotiations to ensure facilities and suppliers are secured to support programme requirements.
- Proactively lead the cross-functional programme team to successfully deliver programme objectives and deliverables.
- Effectively manage programme risks with programme stakeholders.
- Promote adherence to safe working practices in the delivery of programme activities.
- Collaborate with Quality Manager and other Programme and Project Managers to ensure required Programme Management processes are developed, aligned to the Quality Operating System and effectively deployed
- Lead preparation, submission and presentation of programme status reports and programme gateway documentation according to the Tokamak Programme gateway structure.
Requirements and attributes we value:
- Engineering Degree
- APM qualified (to PFQ or PMQ level) or equivalent
- Considerable experience in delivering complex technology product, construction and / or infrastructure programmes
- Experienced user of Microsoft Project and/or Agile programme management tools
- Knowledge and experience of engineering design and/or software development processes
- Effective communication (both oral and written), internally and externally
- Strong problem-solving and decision making skills
- Well-structured planning and resourcing for budget setting and management
- Teaching, supporting and leading others
Benefits available to you:
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Company pension scheme
- Eligible for company share option scheme after 1 years’ service
- Company bonus scheme, discretionary, dependant on performance
- Private medical insurance after 3 months service
- Cycle to work scheme
No terminology in the advert or job description is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.
How to apply
If you are passionate about accelerating the development of fusion power and want to join our dynamic team, please send your CV with a covering letter detailing your experience to email@example.com.
Important information for candidates
Please note that the appointment of the successful candidate will be subject to standard pre-employment screening, as applicable to the post. This will include right-to-work, proof of identity and references.
Please note that any personal data submitted to Tokamak Energy as part of the job application process will be processed in accordance with the GDPR and related UK data protection legislation, for more information regarding GDPR please see: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation
Equality of opportunity
Entry into employment with the Tokamak Energy and progression within employment will be determined only by personal merit and the application of criteria which are related to the duties of each post and the relevant salary structure. In all cases, ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration. No applicant or member of staff shall be discriminated against because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.