Stores Manager (TOK110)
Location: Milton Park, Abingdon
Job type: Permanent
Overview of the role
Due to our ongoing company expansion, we are looking to employ a new Stores Manager. This autonomous role will act as the conduit between the shop floor and the Purchasing team, direct line managing a team of 2 and ensuring the smooth running of goods in/stores day to day. You will need to get involved in setting up inventory control systems which will help meet the business needs, assessing the current setup and control systems and updating/improving as necessary.
As this is still a company in transition, you will need to demonstrate your ability to take a flexible and agile approach to your working day, assisting the project teams wherever possible.
Main duties/role and responsibilities
- Take full ownership and accountability of the stores area and process from end-to-end
- Direct line Management of a team of at least 2 warehouse staff across 2 different sites
- Working closely with Purchasing and Quality to setup new processes relating to goods in and stores
- Work with the EHS team to ensure operational sites are kept safe and 5S compliant
- Load and unload deliveries and ensure they are stored correctly
- Work with all members of the business to resolve queries independently
- Ensure continuous improvement in the stores area
- Supporting the Purchasing team with arranging logistics for supplier deliveries/collections
- Ensure coverage of across the goods in team between 8-5 every weekday
- Some weekend work may be required during implementation of new systems
- Supporting the immediate needs of the business
- Experience of managing a stores team in a manufacturing environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Forklift licence
- Ability to work autonomously with little oversight
- Robust character with experience of implementing new processes and systems
- Experience of implementing MRP system into stores, Inc. picking lists, kitting lists &
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Company pension scheme
- Eligible for company share option scheme after 1 years’ service
- Company bonus scheme, discretionary, dependant on performance
- Private medical insurance after 3 months service
- Cycle to work scheme
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position. If you do not hear back from us within 10 days of submitting, your application then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. However, we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
No terminology in the advert or job description is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.
How to apply
If you are passionate about accelerating the development of fusion power and want to join our dynamic team, please send your CV with a covering letter detailing your experience to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important information for candidates
Please note that the appointment of the successful candidate will be subject to standard pre-employment screening, as applicable to the post. This will include right-to-work, proof of identity and references.
Please note that any personal data submitted to Tokamak Energy as part of the job application process will be processed in accordance with the GDPR and related UK data protection legislation, for more information regarding GDPR please see: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation
Equality of opportunity
Entry into employment with the Tokamak Energy and progression within employment will be determined only by personal merit and the application of criteria which are related to the duties of each post and the relevant salary structure. In all cases, ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration. No applicant or member of staff shall be discriminated against because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.