Strategic Site Development Manager
Location: Milton Park, Abingdon
Job type: Permanent
To select and develop the site(s) for Tokamak Energy’s exciting programme of fusion devices, reporting to the Senior Commercial Manager will assume responsibility for all aspects of the company’s strategic and site development and play a major role in the company’s push for expansion, finding and helping to develop the right site and facilities for this work leading project.
- Assist in building out the company’s future via input to business plans and models that provide intelligence for the board concerning site issues, for our next major programme.
- Develop a plan for selecting and developing future site(s) required by the business.
- Evaluate and select strategic project locations
- Negotiate associated grants, support, permissions and permits.
- Manage site & facilities development plan and ensure the provision of accurate and relevant project reporting covering KPIs and operational performance.
- Lead Tokamak Energy’s relationships and negotiations with the relevant landlord, government and stakeholder agencies.
- Ensure TE is compliant with all relevant legislation and regulations and its own policies and procedures during site development projects
- Senior leadership of major manufacturing or operations site selection and development
- Experience of navigating planning and permitting regimes
- Leading major commercial and government negotiations
- Managing the delivery of major facility construction projects
- Good STEM Degree or equivalent qualification – a technical background would be an advantage
- Detail oriented with a natural curiosity and scepticism, able to dive deeply into matters outside of his/her area(s) of expertise.
- Strategic ability, able to step back and see the path to success
- Senior site development roles held in major advanced technology companies.
- Delivers high impact presentations and instils confidence and trust.
- Leads from the front with high energy, passion, resilience and commitment to achieve results.
- A team player who is comfortable engaging with people of different cultures and backgrounds
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Company pension scheme
- Eligible for company share option scheme after 1 years’ service
- Company bonus scheme, discretionary, dependant on performance
- Private medical insurance after 3 months service
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position. If you do not hear back from us within 10 days of submitting, your application then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. However, we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
No terminology in the advert or job description is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.
How to apply
If you are passionate about accelerating the development of fusion power and want to join our dynamic team, please send your CV with a covering letter detailing your experience to email@example.com
Important information for candidates
Please note that the appointment of the successful candidate will be subject to standard pre-employment screening, as applicable to the post. This will include right-to-work, proof of identity and references.
Please note that any personal data submitted to Tokamak Energy as part of the job application process will be processed in accordance with the GDPR and related UK data protection legislation, for more information regarding GDPR please see: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation
Equality of Opportunity
Entry into employment with the Tokamak Energy and progression within employment will be determined only by personal merit and the application of criteria which are related to the duties of each post and the relevant salary structure. In all cases, ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration. No applicant or member of staff shall be discriminated against because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.