Transformation Project Manager (TOK126)
Location: Milton Park, Abingdon
Job type: Permanent
Overview of the role
This role will be responsible for taking the lead on the implementation of process transformation at TE, working within the project management team, but delivering cross-functional projects to the wider business. This role is for a Project Manager to work in collaboration with the business operations group (made of representative from EHS – environment health and safety, Procurement, HR, PM, Facilities, Quality) to implement the necessary and adapted processes for integration into our Quality Management System (QMS) for the business to successfully deliver projects and programmes. It is key that the Project Manager supports agile and a lean thinking towards project and process management approach, whilst also embracing a fast paced working environment. The company has grown from an SME to a medium sized organisation very rapidly over the last two years and this role offers a fantastic opportunity to help shape the desired operating model for Tokamak Energy to deliver its ambitious goals.
Main duties/role and responsibilities
- Develop, define, plan and deliver change projects in different areas of our business, to achieve measurable improvements and benefits
- Pro-actively engage with stakeholders, build trust and buy-in and establish positive relationships with colleagues across the organisation.
- Research and benchmark best practice to inform improvement and change, seek new ideas from inside and outside the business and identify innovative solutions
- Proactively identify where new process are required and support the business with a lean and agile fit for purpose approach.
- Maintain effective stakeholder communication at all levels in the business and regular engagement throughout each project.
- Participate in the business operations group and help with prioritisation of key enablers of safe and successful programme delivery
- Actively contribute to developing a positive culture of continuous improvement across the organisation
- Lead Project centre of excellence meetings and support and facilitate the participation of project team members
- APM qualified (PMQ level) or equivalent
- Autonomy and self-starter
- Experience in delivering complex projects
- Experience in implementing and successfully delivering processes
- Experienced user of Microsoft Project
- Familiar with Agile programme management tools
- Effective communication (both oral and written), internally and externally
- Able to work under pressure and manage short term pressure versus long term business needs
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Lean thinking and sig sigma/black belt qualification will be beneficial
- Experience in delivering projects related to IT system enablers such as ERP etc. (Desirable)
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Company pension scheme
- Eligible for company share option scheme after 1 years’ service
- Company bonus scheme, discretionary, dependant on performance
- Private medical insurance after 3 months service
- Cycle to work scheme
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position. If you do not hear back from us within 10 days of submitting, your application then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. However, we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
No terminology in the advert or job description is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.
How to apply
If you are passionate about accelerating the development of fusion power and want to join our dynamic team, please send your CV with a covering letter detailing your experience to email@example.com.
Important information for candidates
Please note that the appointment of the successful candidate will be subject to standard pre-employment screening, as applicable to the post. This will include right-to-work, proof of identity and references.
Please note that any personal data submitted to Tokamak Energy as part of the job application process will be processed in accordance with the GDPR and related UK data protection legislation, for more information regarding GDPR please see: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation
Equality of opportunity
Entry into employment with the Tokamak Energy and progression within employment will be determined only by personal merit and the application of criteria which are related to the duties of each post and the relevant salary structure. In all cases, ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration. No applicant or member of staff shall be discriminated against because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.